Our Mission & Vision
NJ-HITEC is the physician’s trusted advisor in the timely delivery of high quality healthcare through the selection, implementation, and achievement of Meaningful Use of an accredited Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. We are dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to meet the needs of our members and the medical community in the implementation of Health IT to improve the delivery of quality healthcare to all patients.
- To assist New Jersey physicians achieve Meaningful Use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system to improve the quality of healthcare delivery and patient care management to Garden State residents.
- To advocate and enable New Jersey’s physicians to achieve online access to patient records to reduce the healthcare disparity in New Jersey.
- To partner with Government, State and local agencies, community colleges, and healthcare organizations educating providers and consumers about the value of Health Information Technology (Health IT).
- To offer innovative solutions to the medical community to effectively utilize EHR technology and meet federal requirements for the advancement of Health IT.
- To support and create employment opportunities for qualified Health IT professionals.
To be a national leader in the future of healthcare delivery by advocating for and encouraging the implementation and effective use of Health Information Technology (Health IT). Through the achievement of Meaningful Use of an EHR system, New Jersey’s over 18,000 primary care providers will have immediate on-line access to all relevant patient health records, empowering them to render high quality medical treatment and care. This high quality care will be accessible to all of New Jersey’s 8.7 million residents whether obtained in inner city hospitals, FQHC/Community Care Centers, or in privately owned suburban healthcare centers of excellence.